Sunday, October 08, 2006

Army Ten Miler


Today I ran the Army Ten Miler for the second time. The first time I ran it was in 2000. This time it was easier and my knees didn't hurt like last time. I also dropped nine minuets from my time. I ran it in 1:14.43, a pace of 7:28 per mile, and placed 1584 out of 15,645 finishers. I also ran in a team this time. I ran with a MAJ and 1LT with SJA and another MAJ.

I hadn't planned on running this race, but I was talked into it I'm really glad that I did now. It turned out to be alot of fun. I had planned to just take my time and finish feeling pretty good. I was just wanting to break 1:20. But as it usually turns out, my competative side took over.

At the first mile marker I noted a time of 8:04. Each suceeding mile after that wa around 7:45. I then realized that I might have a chance of breaking 1:15, espically after I hit the eight mile marker at 1:00.17. I then picked up the pace for the last two miles and really pushed it - for me anyway. My last two miles turned out to average 7:20. I ended up coming end 1st in my team and my team finished 7 out of 12 Male Reserve Teams. Not a bad showing for a team that never really trained together.

No comments: