Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gecko




Today I buried by Little Buddy. He was an outside cat that we brought with us when we came back from Guam. He lived the outdoors and would only come in to eat during the nice weather. In the winter he would spend most of his time in the house sitting on the back of the couch looking out the window.

Last night it got cold and was raining. I looked for him before I went to bed and looked for him again in the morning before I went to the gym. I came home and got ready for work. On the way to work I saw a gray animal on the side of the road that was below our house. I was hoping it wasn't him but when I turned around for another look, I saw the flea collar that we had just bought him.

He was stiffed and there wasn't much a mark on him other then some blood coming out of his mouth. I put him in the car and went back home. I woke up the wife and told her. We got a computer box that has some foam padding in it and I put him in there. The kids got up and we buried him under the bird feeder in the back yard. He loved to sit under the tree and watch the birds as they ate.

I have had a lot of cats but he was a different one. Every time before he would come in the house he would want me to give him a stretch. This consisted of me placing him on his back on my shoulder with his feet and head hanging off my back. He would then want me to rub his tummy. Then he would put his feet behind my neck and have me carry him like that.

He didn't like to be petted much but would purr anytime you touched him. He would usually bit my nose and then lick it. He was a hell of a hunter and killed many animals to include geckos, ground squirrels, birds and many mice. He will really be missed.

No comments: