Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sometimes It Just Isn't Your Day

Sometimes things just doesn't go right. This morning after just returning from our training at VA Beach, I couldn't wait to ride my bike to work. I have been riding it pretty regular at least 2 - 3 times a week to work. I got dressed and went in the garage ready to ride. As soon as I walked up to the bike the back tire went flat right before my eyes. I quickly pulled the tube out and patched it up and put it back in. I told my wife that I was leaving and to standby the phone - just in case. I only made in a mile and a half when it went flat again. Another sign that things just wasn't going to work out for me was that I had slowed down real slow to ride through this grassy area when my chain slipped off the lower ring. Anyone who rides knows, when you stop going forward you had be unclip fast. I wasn't fast enough and tipped over. That was pretty embarrassing but not as embarrassing as sitting on the side of the road waiting on your wife to pick you up. It just wasn't meant to be so I ended up driving.

No comments: