Sunday, October 21, 2007

Indian Summer


Today is a beautiful day. The temperature is in the mid 70's and the sun is out. It was a perfect day to put in 10 miles at my favorite place for running - Raccoon Creek State Park. It was a little chilly when I started out so I had on a long sleeve running shirt and a pair of running shorts. I quickly regretted the long sleeves as I climbed the first big hill. It was my first real trail run in quite awhile and it felt great. The Spring and the Fall is the best time to run out there. In the summer briers and weeds start growing over the trail but in the Spring and Fall they go to ground.

With such a beautiful place and with such great trails, I'm really surprised that not more runners take advantage of the park. I've been running there for four years and can count on one hand the number of other runners that I've seen running there. Good for me, bad for them

No comments: