Friday, April 08, 2005

Camp Dawson

Well here we are in beautiful WV.  I've been here since yesterday.  We have another day and a half of training left.  Hopefully I'll be able to get out of here early on Sunday so that I can make my son's first outdoor soccer game of the year.  I'm still scheming.  We'll see if it'll work.  Today I gave the APFT to approximately 70 Soldiers.  Everyone did well and we only had six failures and two overweight.  There was some complaints that the course was too long.  The course was measured out by the COL and our OPS SGT.  They measured it twice with a wheel.  This morning after the test the SGM had me remeasure it.  It measured about a little long, but since the PT failures failed it by more then 2 or 4 minutes, it wouldn't have made a difference.  It would have created a serious Charlie Foxtrot if I had let it known that it was a little too long (43 feet).
 
I may have finally found someone to run the JFK 50 miler with me.  It's this SFC from VA Beach who a Filipino.  He a nice guy who got me an autograph photo of Rudy from Survivior fame.  It seems that they are neighbors.  He's also ordered me a Filipino wooden name plate.  I wanted one in Guam but didn't have time to find someone to get one for me.

No comments: