Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rainy Day

This morning I got up early, watch a little TV and went to the dinner in Oakdale to have a cup of coffee. They have the best coffee around and it also has a great atmosphere. I'd recommend it to anyone who visits the town of Oakdale.

Afterwards I went to the Panhandle Trail and parked between mile 2.5 and 2. It was raining a little, but I had my Australian bush hat which is waterproof. I also had my gore-tex jacket which kept me dry. I really enjoyed walking down that trail. I saw a lot of birds and a few that I could not identify (even though I had my bird ID book in the car and look them up afterwards). As I was walking I was passed by a company of Soldiers from the 78th running PT. They were soaking wet. I looked for CPT M who is from the same company but didn't see him. I found out later that he had run on Thursday. It was a nice walk.

I got back home about 1000 and found out that my son's soccer games (he had two scheduled) had been cancelled. In the evening my wife had to work. Me and my daughter went to visit her and when we came out of the store it was snowing a little. This weather really sucks. Where's Spring.

No comments: