Monday, April 04, 2005

SNOW DAY

I woke up this morning at 0600 (after I turned the clock forward) and found out that it had snowed last night.  This weather really sucks.  We had some very nice days through the week and here comes the weekend and we get dumped on.  This week is supposed to be nice too.  It's just the weekend.  Next weekend I have to go TDY so that one is shot to shit to.
 
Anyway I got up and watched my bird feeder through the dinning room window.  I have a nice pair of House Finches which comes regularly.  Yesterday I caught a fox squirrel up there eating the seeds.  He was on the other side but I could see his tail.  I took my cat Gecko up there to scare him off.  I reached around and pulled on the squirrel's tail.  He jumped down and took off running.  By the time my cat saw him he was gone.  I put the cat down and returned back to the house.  Fifteen minuets later and the cat is still sitting in the same spot getting snowed on.  I called him from the front door and he came running in.  Sometimes I think he's retarded.
 
My son has a indoor soccer game scheduled for today.  It's always real fun watching him play.  That's my most favorable hobby.  We are waiting on my wife to get home from work so we can go.  He stayed at a friends house and we will have to take him his uniform and shin guards.  
 
My wife showed up and we, to include my daughter, went to my son's game at Pittsburgh Indoor Sports Arena.  He's on a very good team and they won their last indoor game 4 - 1.  They placed first for the season.  Now we have to start thinking about outdoor.  Hopefully the weather will corroborate this year.

No comments: