Wednesday, April 06, 2005

White Bellied Nuthatch

This morning I got up early and went running on the trail. Because I planned on running 10 miles I had to get there before the sun came up. I stated at 0630 while it was still dark. The weather was very nice and warm at 61 degrees. I ran from mile 8-13 and back. I planned on this being my long run for the week, because this weekend I'll be out of town at Camp Dawson WV. I leave tomorrow and come back Sunday. I'm really not looking forward to going down there. I would like to run at RCSP this weekend and get in some trail time, but unless they cancel the training at the last minute, that's not going to happen.
Today, before I took my son to soccer practice I was sitting on the back sun deck. I was watching the birds feed at my feeder. There was the usually house finches and chickadees, when I saw one I've never saw before. It had a dark blue cape, white underneath, with blue wings. I looked it up and found out that it was a White Bellied Nuthatch. I had never heard or saw one before. I also finally saw a male American Goldfinch. I had seen two females before but not a male.

No comments: