Friday, April 01, 2005

Shadow Day

Today was a very special day for me. Today my daughter followed me to work as part of a school project. We started the day with my Army PT Test (APFT). We took it on the Montour trail. I was worried about my push-ups and sit-ups, because lately I've been concentrating on my running. I stil managed to do 74 push-ups in two min, 77 sit-ups in two min, and run my 2 miles in 13:44. Surely not the greatest, but still not bad for a 38 year old. I'm just glad that I don't have to take another one for another six months.

After the test we went to the office where I was weighed in. You have to meet a certain weight based upon your height, gender and age. If you exceed then you must get taped where they calculate your body fat. Fortunatly I have to gain another 20 pounds to be taped. I'm 69" and can weigh up to 186. I now weigh 164.

After the weigh in we we upstairs to work. I think it was quite boring for her even though she got to watch MTV on the TV that we have in the office. Usually it stays on Fox News. I'm sure it was the first time that it was turned to MTV. I took her to lunch which was a change for me. Usually I stay at my desk and eat. We went to Pizza Hut. We then returned to the office where we managed to leave early at 1500. I had a wonderful time spending a day with her at work (even though she slept some).

No comments: