Friday, December 01, 2006

What to Wear

This morning I ran to work for the first time since the race. I got up early this morning but spent a lot of time debating on what to wear. The weather forecast was pretty bad. Winds in the 40 - 60 range, lots of rain, and a drastic drop in temperature - from 65 this morning to 35 this evening.

If I just wore a short sleeve shirt and shorts what would I do if it started raining or worse what will I wear on my run home this evening when the temperature dropped. I finally decided to go with the short sleeves and shorts and worry about this evening when it got here.

It was pretty a decent run but was nothing like Sunday's. I wore a new orange vest since most of my run would be in the dark and it kept slidding off my shoulder and I had to keep pulling it back up. This was very distracting. I think I will sew some washers to the bottom of it to keep it from blowing around. The weather turned out to be very nice, just a little wind and a few sprinkles of rain to keep me cool. The only problem was that I was more tired then normal. My legs felt like they were lead and the hills were more tougher then usual. I'm not sure if it was because I hadn't run that much recently or if it was because I didn't get a good night of rest. I need to kick the cat out of bed but just can't bring myself to do it. Anyway I made the 9.5 miles here in 1.23 or approximately an 8:44 pace. Not too bad - at least not for me anyway.

As I write this my left knee is a little stiff and has a little pain on the left side of it. I'll probably not run this weekend like I planned but give my knee some rest. Hopefully it's not the start of something serious. I've been very lucky this year with no injuries. Hopefullly my streak will continue into the next year

No comments: