Thursday, November 30, 2006

Learning to Drive and Cook

I finally made it home. While the conference was productive I really hate being away from home. The kids are growing so fast and I don't want to miss any of it. Right now the big thing in their life is learning to drive. My daughter is almost ready to test. She is a good driver but I just wished that she took it more serious. I get the impression from her that it's just a carnival ride and nothing can happen to her. Because I'm riding with her, I can make the corrections but what happens when she is by herself? My son is a better drive and takes it serious. He just needs some more practice and confidence. I'm hoping to be able to work with them this weekend - if my daughter can manage to stay home.

While my wife was working she asked me to cook something, so I did what I always do...I made something up. I went to Shop n Save and bought what ever looked good. I came home and cooked up some fettucini with some sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes, and some Italian dressing. It turned out surprisingly good but I didn't think my wife would like it.
Turned out that not only did she like it but my son did too. I'd better be careful or she'll have me doing more of the cooking.

No comments: