Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Today we had our Thanksgiving Dinner or at least our version of it. Because it was just us four this year, we decided not to have a turkey. The kids don't really like it and I'm the one that gets stuck eating left over turkey for the next couple of weeks. This year we had our own special dinner. My wife baked a chicken and we had gravy, biscuits, corn, baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, banana pudding and pumpkin pie. It was more then enough for just the four of us. I really enjoyed having everyone sit down at our dining room table. We never use the table for anything other then to put stuff on it that we don't know where else to put it. I'm going to try to get everyone to sit down together more often.

I often wonder how many more days we will all have together. The kids are almost grown and will soon more away. It will be hard not having them around to make noise and create chaos. Regardless of how much I yell and complain it is better then the quite and loneliness of an empty house.

No comments: