Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sometimes Running is Magical

Today I had a wonderful run at RCSP. Unfortunately it will probably be my last run there for awhile. Tomorrow is the first day of gun season for deer and I sure don't want to get mistaken for large two legged deer. Even today I ran with an orange vest just to make sure. As someone who grew up hunting and being around hunters I know that not all hunters read and understand game laws.

Today the air was cool and crisp and the sunrise was awesome. It felt so good to be out there that at times I felt as if was flying. As I get older, runs like today are far and few in between and must be cherished as something special. This is what keeps me getting up at 0500 and running in all kinds of weather, waiting for that exceptional run where everything comes together. It was an interesting contrast this one - http://cakmakli.blogspot.com/2006/09/sometimes-running-sucks.html

I ran the 9.5 Eastern Trail Loop. I started at the lake where I parked and ran down the road to the Heritage Trailhead. This I followed until it came out on HWY 18. As I crossed the road to the parking lot to Mineral Springs, a hiker was getting out of his car asked me if there was hunting today. I told him not today but you can't be too careful. I then ran up a trail that follows HWY 18 to the Park Ranger Office. I then went up the road a little to catch the Forrest Trail. This trail has a couple of steep climbs where it crosses two ridges. I met a lady with an over friendly dog. It was a big white dog that acted like it didn't get out very much. It was enjoying the day as much as I was. At the end of the run I spent about 10 - 15 minutes stretching on the boat dock. The lake was peaceful and beautiful with just a little bit of fog. It was the perfect end to a perfect run.

No comments: