Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Recovery and Plans for Next Year

Well, the pain of the MMTR 50 miler is a thing of the past and I'm starting to look forward to planning some races next year. I've looked over quite a few races but three that I think I'll definately do is Laural Highlands 70, the Catoctin 50K, and the Iron Mountain 50 miler in Damascus VA.

I've been wanting to do the Laural Highland 70 for a long time. I'm just now at the point that I feel like I'm physical capable of finishing. I just have to maintain what I have now, and start increasing mileage around February. The Catoctin 50K was such a blast last year, that I can not imagine not doing it again. Plus I really enjoyed visiting with my old Army buddy Paul. I'd like to do the Iron Mountain in Damascus because it is very close to my hometown of Galax. I really can't wait to start planning for them.

I'm not really sure how soon to get back into running. I ran a little on Sunday with my wife and I ran three today on a treadmill. I really don't want to start out to soon, but I'm going crazy by not running. I think by next week I'll be at least cycling to work and hopefully by the next week I'll start running in one day a week. That should be enought time to recover since I'm not sore at all and I'm feeling real good.

No comments: