Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Geocaching with Atlanta Friend


Today I ran two miles of hill repeats on the treadmill at the AFB. I felt really good although I had a slight pain under my left knee cap. It went away after about 5 min. Hope it's not anything major. I'm going to lay off for a little while. My Mom and Dad are coming up tomorrow so this will give me an excuse not to run until they go home on Sunday.

Also, our QC at Atlants SFC Mac came up for a visit. I picked him up at the airport and dropped him off at Embassy Suites. I told him that I would be back to pick him up at 1500 to go hiking at RCSP. I left work at 1400 went home, changed, and picked him up. We parked at the trail head of Forrest trail at the north end of the dam. I had only been on that trail once and that was when I ran the loop a year ago. I forgot how nice of a trail that part is. I indtroduced him to Geocaching. The weather was rainy and cool. Very nice hiking weather. We picked up the first part of the multicache called "The elves tree a racoon". I had found it before but did not follow up on the last part. This time we found it. It was down a road that cut the trail and up a little hollow. The interesting thing about this one was that it was suspended from a tree. It was really cool. I saw it and we managed to get one photo of us in the fading light. MAC had a great time as did I.

No comments: