Monday, March 21, 2005

Spinning with Mary Beth

This morning I had a great workout. I went to spin class at the gym and afterwards I ran two miles on the treadmill at a pretty good rate. I then worked on my pushups. I have an Army Physical Fitness Test scheduled next week. It is easy to pass. For a 38 year old male, you have to do 34 push-ups in two minutes and 38 sit-ups in two minutes. You have to do the two mile run in 18:18. However, just doing the minimum has never been part of my plan. I always go for the max which is 73 push-ups, 76 sit-ups and run in 13:35. Last time I scored a 298 out of a possible 300. I'm not sure about it this time though. I've been slacking on my push-ups. We'll see.

I'm still really excited about the Trail Run in June and the 50 miler in November. I have to sit down and figure out a workout schedule. I want to start training for the 50 miler, but I know it is way too soon. I'll wait until I come back from my trip to Alaska in June. That should give me enough time. In the meantime, I'll just concentrate on the trail run. I'd like to do it and the bike race following the run, but I've got to get my bike fixed.

No comments: