Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mom and Dad's visit and Kids

I went to spin class to day. MB was the intstructor. She's tough. This was the second time I had her as an instructor. She's tough, so you get a good work out with her. Lisa is nice, but not as hard.

Mom and Dad came up today. They will be staying until Sunday. I really enjoy when they come up. Dad brought his homemade pickled eggs and a Deer hindquarter for jerky. I cut it up. You can get quite a lot of meat off of it. I still think it's not worth the trouble though to hunt deer. It far easier just to buy beef. I'm not against hunting and I love the outdoors, it's just that it more trouble then its worth to scout an area, hunt, drag and cut up a deer.

My daughter has been doing really well in school this year. This is different then what has been the norm for the last few years. I'm really proud of her. She's worked hard this year. She's wanting to get her ears pierced in the little inside lobe. Strange place if you ask me, but she really wants it. I'm working on my wife to get it for her.

My son came home recently and said he signed up for Marine Jr ROTC at school. He starts HS next year. I never knew that he was intersted in the military at all. I never influence him one way or another. I'm really proud of him though. I think it was be the greatest thing if I could visit him some day as he graduated from one of the service's boot camp. Doesn't matter which and I'll try not to influence him one way or another. If he does join up, he'll be graduating about the sametime I'll be retiring. I'll have twenty years in the Army come 2008.

I really can't believe as to how quick my kids have grown. Sometimes I wish I could just shrink them down when they was 2 or 4. Sometimes when I look at the old photos I almost cry.

No comments: