Friday, March 18, 2005

Something New

Well this is a new thing I'm trying. Not really sure how it will turn out. I mainly just want something to record my running and hiking. I'm planning on running a 50 miler in November and need someway to record my running. I also do a lot of hiking and want to record where I go and what I see. I figure this will be a good way to do it.

A little bit about myself:

I'm 38 and presently live in Pittsburgh PA. I'm married a wonderful Turkish woman and have two children who are 14 and 16 and are the best kids anyone could wish for. I joined the Army in 1984 and have been stationed overseas four times. I was in Cakmakli Turkey, Camp Darby Italy, Heidelburg GE, and Guam. I really love to travel and I plan on driving to Alaska this summer with my father and son.

I enjoy running and hiking. I usually go to Racoon Creek State Park on weekends. It's a very nice place to go and I look forward to it every weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to run on the trails there. I plan on running the Lake Trail and loop around the Forrest Trail and probably backtrack back to the start. It'll be about 8 miles. I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out.

No comments: