Saturday, March 19, 2005

Where's George?

Well I went running today. I like to get up early in the morning when everone is still asleep and go out. Today I went up to the park and ran the Lake - Forest Trail loop in a counter clockwise direction and then reversed and ran the loop clockwise. Total mileage was almost 8 miles. It took me 1:42. I took my time and enjoyed the almost Spring weather. Very nice out today.

I felt really good and I'm pretty confident that I'll do OK in a 14 mile Trail Race which is scheduled in June in Sarver PA. It is put on by American Adventure Sports and is a great race. I did it last year. It is called the Buffalo Stampede.

I made time to stop by a Geocache right off Forest Trail. I took a "Where's George" $1 bill which had a request to go westward. I have a special trip planed in June and it is going with me. I replaced it with something special to me. I won't say what it is, but it is on the right shoulder of every Soldier in BDU uniform. The cache is part one of a two part cache. I didn't have time to locate the second part but I will for sure go back.

No comments: