Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Aneurysm

Today we all received a big scare. I was called by Alis' doctor that her MRI showed that she may have a small aneurysm in her brain. I can't tell you how it felt to hear those words. The nurse gave me the name of a neurosurgeon to call.

For a couple of hours I repeatedly tried to call the doctor but could only get voice mail. I left two messages for the doctor to call back. I also tried to call Gullu, both on her cell and the home phone but could not get anyone to answer. The LTC told me to leave so that I could take care of things at home. I finally got through to Gullu and told her the news. She made the call to the doctor only to find out that they could not see her until January. She then called her doctor - a very nice female doctor from Russia- and got an appointment for tomorrow morning at 0800.

After I arrived at home, we took Alis out shopping. She didn't show that she was overly concerned. She was just worried about having her hair shaved if she has to have surgery. Alis, Gullu, and I went to the mall at Robinson. She bought some cloths from American Eagle. She got a brown hoody and some other things.

We also stopped at a little stand in the mall run by some Turkish boys. They sell gold colored dog-tags and some other knick-knacks. Alis got hers with ALIS down the front and TUCE down the back. The "C" was replaced with the Turkish crescent and star. It looked very nice. It was Alis' idea. She's very creative. The Turkish boy gave her another one for free. It had ALIS down the front with a "Baby Phat" emblem next to her name.

I really hope she had a good time. I'm pretty worried about her. It is pretty scary to have one of your kids with something serious like this.

This morning at work we has an APFT for all of the RTO AGR's. We did the push-ups and sit-ups in the drill hall and then proceeded to Moon High School track for the two mile run. I'm glad I did mine yesterday. Today was very cold and rainy which turned to sleet before we left.

No comments: