Sunday, October 30, 2005

Beautiful Day at RCSP

This morning--after setting the clocks back-- I went up to RCSP to run. I first stopped at McDonalds to get a small cup of coffee because even though it was supposed to get up in the mid 60's, it was still cold in the morning.

I parked at Mineral Springs and ran in a clockwise direction. It was very nice and I had most of the trail to myself. I didn't see anyone until I was about 3 miles up the Heritage Trail from the trailhead. It was then that I ran into this guy in his twenties, with a pale face, a dress jacket, and a water bottle hanging from his belt loop. A very strange charter indeed.

After crossing the road on the Heritage Trail I ran into John and his son Eric. They are both training for the JFK 50 miler. I hope to see them down there at the finished line. Other then that it was uneventful. I'm just glad that I went. It might be the last really nice weekend that we have left. Being in the woods running on those trails is really peaceful. I really like it when I don't see anyone. It seems like it is just me and the creatures of the Forrest. I think that I may go back next weekend as well.

No comments: