Saturday, October 29, 2005

Winding Down Training & SAW II


Today I finished the 26 mile long run. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I started around 0730 at mile six on the Montour Trail. I had planned to run up to mile 19 and back again, however, I just didn't feel like running all the way up there. It seems like once I get passed mile 13 it is a different place. Home for me in between miles 6-13.

I ended up running from mile 6 to mile 13 and then from mile 13 to mile 0, and then back to mile 6. All of this ended up making the 26 miles. Althought I was dreading it, it ended up being a great motivator. I felt really good and could have gone another 4 miles or so with little problem. I really enjoyed going down to mile 0. I had forgotten how pretty it was down that way. The only problem is that it is a little crowded.

When I got back home Gil, Andrew, Aaron, and I went to the movies. We saw SAW II. It was Ok, but not as good as the first one.

No comments: