Monday, October 24, 2005

APFT Slacker

Today I did something that I can't ever remember doing....I didn't push myself on an APFT. For the first time as long that I can remember, I didn't score more then 290 points on the test. Today I just did 40 push-ups, 40 sit-ups and ran in 15:27. It really was too easy.

The reason that I did this was because I'm afraid that I might hurt myself before the upcoming race. I've worked too hard with those long hours of running to hurt myself and not be able to run. I didn't want to push myself on the run, because I had just ran 20 miles the day before and 20 more the day before that. I had to take it easy.

On the run I ran with SSG Durden. When we started he took off like he was shot out of a cannon. I think he did the first quarter mile in less the 1:25. I let him go, but he slowed way down by the end of the second lap, which is where I caught him. I then ran with him and paced him the rest of the race. He ended up doing 15:27. I enjoyed the run and felt as if I could have broken 14 minutes; I just felt guilty for not going all out.

No comments: