Sunday, October 23, 2005

RCSP and Meatloaf

Today I went running at RCSP. I really enjoy running up there. I ran the loop; however, this time I started the loop at at Mineral Springs. I felt really good even though I had ran 20 miles yesterday. The trail was a little muddy and the temperature was cool--43 degrees--starting out. On the Appaloosa trail I meet my first trail runner on that trail. Until today I thought I was the only one. I said, "Good Morning" and he replied in kind. I meet him again at the end of the Forest Trail by the lake. I stopped and spoke with him a little. His name is John and he is also training for the JFK 50 Miler. The only other event worth noting is that I almost busted my ass. I was running on some west 2 x 6's and slid about 1 foot. Scared the crap out of me. I felt like a surfer.

The natural beauty of the fall colors never ceases to amaze me. So many times on my run I wished that I had a camera. I'm thinking of going back and getting some photos. I hope the Ritz Camera guy can fix my 35mm. I can't wait to get out this winter and get some scenery shots.

The only thing about these long runs is that I feel guilty about being away from home. No matter how much fun I'm having, I can't wait to get home. This time Gullu had her special meatloaf with tomatoes and peppers on it. Everything she cooks is good, but this stuff is excellent. I really think we could make a fortune if we opened a restaurant.

No comments: