Monday, October 31, 2005

Some Things Never Change

Today the doctor called and said that Alis' was OK and that there was nothing there. Thank God. It had us pretty worried.

Today is Halloween. I was the only one to give out candy. We ended up having approximately 25-30 kids. It was real fun to give candy out to them. There doesn't seem to be as many kids as there once was. When we fist moved to the Hawthorne apartments, there was kids everywhere. My kids would go out with a pillow case and return just long enough to dump the candy on the floor and then would head out again. Those was really fun years.

The weather today is really nice. It got up in the mid 60's. It is supposed to be nice the rest of the week. I guess this is what they call an Indian Summer. Hope it continual.

Andrew got up this morning with a bad cough. He has been getting over a cold and a fever. He went ahead to school and started to feel better. He then came home and played football. Now as I write this, I can hear him coughing downstairs. Hope he gets to feeling better.

Today Alis watched a movie with me. I told her this morning that I wanted a date with her and that she had better not break it. She said OK and that we could watch this really good movie together. It is called "Crash". It's a great movie. I watched it last night but thought that Alis would enjoy watching it also. I was not supprised when she said that it was a good movie.

I really like spending time with her and Andres. It seems like now that they are getting older, that they don't have time to spend with their old parents. They always have something to do with their friends. I guess that it part of growing up though and that it has always been like that and always will. Somethings never change.

No comments: